Monday 3 March 2014

Logmein Free Alternative

As a long term user of logmein free, the sudden decision to remove the service came as a bit of a shock this week.
My main uses have only ever been to access my home computer when at work and to support my family members
namely my parents and children.
I've spent a couple of days researching alternatives and have been unable to come up with an
acceptable solution that is entirely free.
By acceptable I mean easy to implement without the need to poke holes in firewalls etc. and unobtrusive
on the host machines.
During my research I stumbled upon a product called SplashTop.
Whilst this product is not entirely free it is excellent. The cheapest option is $17 per year, and this gives you remote
to up to five host computers from any device.
I found the setup and configuration of SplashTop very easy and the mobile device viewers are very good.
The application runs very quickly and the speed of the screen refreshes is far better than logmein in my opinion.
You can also get up to eight weeks free access by recommending to other people - hence this website!

I hope you find this useful.
If you use the link below, you'll get one weeks free access to try it out.

http://www.logmeinfreealternative.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment