Thursday 3 April 2014

EMC Retrospect Scanning incomplete, error -645 ( chunk file damaged during save) error

If like me you use EMC's Retrospect backup solution for backing up all of your companies windows and Linux servers then you know how frustrating it can be when you get an error crop up that no-one else seems to have yet resolved.

After an upgrade to the latest version 9 of the Retrospect server backup software I ran in to an issue on a couple of servers where the backup would scan for files and then error with the following error

Scanning incomplete, error -645 ( chunk file damaged during save)

After a lot of searching and trial and error I finally worked out that I could resolve this by removing the corresponding servers file from this directory and re-running the backup.

 C:\ProgramData\Retrospect\RtrSec.dir

This worked on two backups that had this issue (the reset had no issues anyway)

I hope this helps someone in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment